Tuesday, November 25, 2008

20ish Questions after 20ish Days - Nicholas

We have been traveling for about twenty days and I though it would be interesting to get the kids take on our trip. So here is Nicholas’ answers to my questions.

1) How has your trip to India been?
So far, good. But I’m still angry with my parents for having it be two months. One month would have been more convenient.
2) What do you like best?
I’ve liked the fact that I’ve been to so many places and it’s a great life experience for me.
3) What has been the worst thing?
TV. Since India is a big market unlike Israel where the shows had English voices. Here they replace the actors’ voices with Hindi voices (dubbing), which is very annoying. Luckily, I have been able to find a channel called Star Movies which has non-dubbed American movies but it has British subtitles which is weird.
4) What is your favorite new Indian food?
My favorite new food would probably be chicken tikka that is a kind of grilled chicken that tastes really good.
5) What have you learned?
I have learned about Hindu culture and what Hindi, the national language looks like. It looks like a straight line with squiggly lines hanging down.
6) What is your favorite city?
My favorite cities are New Delhi and Agra. New Delhi partially because we stay at a luxurious five star hotel called The Imperial and Agra because that is where we saw the Taj Mahal which was really sweet.
7) What has been your favorite activity?
Four words: Riding On A Camel. It is so incredibly fun to ride camels. On the way back from the sand dunes, my guy made the camel run fast which was great.
8) What is your favorite hotel?
The Imperial. It is posh, luxurious and the pool plays music underwater plus I can get a cheeseburger, which is hard to find, as cows are sacred. It has really comfy beds, smells sweet and the breakfast is delicious.
9) What have you missed about home?
I can answer that Question in 2 words: “Practically Everything” (Mr. Palmer if you are reading this you will notice that my journal entry on this subject begins exactly the same way). First of all I miss staying in one place because it is annoying to have a six hour car ride every day. I also miss all of my friends and home. And there is nobody my age to talk to.
10) Have you been keeping up on homework?
No Comment
11) What did we bring that was been really good?
My ipod (an early Chanukah present)
12) What did we forget or not bring that you would like?
I don’t know
13) What would you change about our trip?
I’d make it only one month as two months seems like an extremely long time.
14) What are you looking forward to?
I’m looking forward to seeing really interesting things and have new experiences.
15) What activity do you want to do?
I want to ride elephants again which I have already done but it’s fun.
16) How would you describe India?
I’d describe it as incredible, interesting and just plain old amazing. At first, I thought it was really uncivilized but then I realized that they have had a culture and a civilization for a really long time.
17) What has been a surprise about India?
I’m surprised that there are so many things here to see and do that can last for a two month vacation.
18) What do you think is happening in New York City?
Nothing special. In school, I hope that people are having a good time. I also think several new books have come out, so I’ll have lots of reading to do when I get back.
19) How has it been traveling with your parents?
It has been interesting; we’ve gotten to spend a lot of quality time together. It’s been enjoyable.
20) Would you recommend this trip?
I’d recommend coming to India but I wouldn’t recommend coming for two months.
21) Can you tell me one funny story?
One time my dad got us a bushel of bananas and I went to spit out a bad piece and just spewed all over the car.

1 comment:

Christina Gorman said...

Hey guys,
I've been following your blog here with all your travels. According to your last post, you're nowhere near Mumbai, but my heart is in my throat, neverthless. I hope you're all safe and that you'll post soon to let us know.